BRASS INC. IS HIRING FOR TWO POSITIONS!
AmeriCorps Empowerment Corps
Economic Empowerment Specialist
The Economic Empowerment Specialist will provide a comprehensive array of services to help survivors become economically self-sufficient. The person in the position will assist in housing search & placement, employment, educational referrals and home ownership.
- Complete 40 hour onsite training.
- Become acclimated to the agency’s program and learn the intersection between economic justice and domestic violence.
- Keep all required documentation and statistics.
- Assist survivors to apply for emergency assistance, public and mainstream benefits and resources.
- Conduct housing assessments and provide information on housing options.
- Conduct housing search and placement based on individual needs and resources.
- Establish partnerships with landlords and provide information on housing needs of domestic violence survivors.
- Coordinate housing paperwork and make referrals for financial assistance.
- Facilitate financial education groups, assist with credit reports and credit counseling.
- Assist with Individual Development Account (IDA) applications and follow up on a monthly basis.
- Assess the need for a micro loan and make appropriate referrals to KCADV.
- Provide free tax-preparation services and ensure survivors claim the Earned Income Tax Credit. (EITC).
- Recruit volunteers to assist with tax preparation, financial education groups and other shelter related services.
- Coordinate agency recycling program with staff and residents.
- Develop bi-monthly “recycled thought” memo for staff.
- Assist with crisis line.
- Attend required trainings and staff meetings.
POSITION TITLE: SHELTER HOUSEKEEPER
The Shelter Housekeeper performs custodial duties in order to keep campus buildings in a clean and orderly condition. These duties are performed either on the 1st shift or another alternative shift based on the needs of the organization. Please send resume by January 4th to Tori Henninger, PO Box 1941, Bowling Green, KY 42102 or email@example.com.
- Maintain all facilities, offices, common areas and restroom facilities (including the shelter, EJI, Housing/ Children’s building, and Administration building) to ensure they are clean, stocked, organized, and running properly
- Dust furniture and equipment, cleans draperies, and upholstered furniture
- Polish wood and metal work
- Clean windows/sills, door panels, wash walls and ceilings
- Gather and empty wastebaskets, segregate recyclables and transport trash to disposal/ collection areas
- Clean building floors by sweeping or vacuuming, mopping, and scrubbing
- Complete house laundry as needed and in between clients
- Transport equipment and/or supplies between buildings as required
- Inventory all donations received by the organization
- Complete weekly grocery shopping for the shelter
- Inventory food pantry, restock outreach and shelter pantry
- Assist Executive Assistant on supply needs/ shopping list
- Observe any conditions that need maintenance/ repair and leave a message for the Supervisor
- Clean agency vehicle as needed, notify Facilities of any maintenance needs
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Experience in a similar position or proficiency in a similar task
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact with Advocates, clients, and children
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of nights, days, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledge of dynamics of domestic violence
- At least 18 years of age.
- Commitment to adhere to the Revised Victim Service Standards of the Kentucky Domestic Violence Association.
- Completion of all required staff trainings
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
Submit to criminal background check.
To apply for these openings, please email your resume by
January 30th to:
or mail to:
PO Box 1941
Bowling Green, KY 42102
No phone calls.