BRASS INC IS HIRING!!
Position Title: Assistant Finance Coordinator (Part Time)
The person in this position is responsible for assisting in all the financial record keeping. Position will begin part-time (up to 25/week) with the opportunity for promotion to full-time Finance Administrator in 2-3 years. Bookkeeping system must meet the requirements of various funding sources, reflect standards as adopted by the Board of Directors, undergo annual monitoring audits by the Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and other funders, and be subject to review and audit by an independent certified accountant. The person in this position, in consultation with the Executive Director and Finance Administrator, assists in maintaining the financial integrity of the agency, and is under supervision of the Executive Director and Finance Administrator.
- Maintain a complete, accurate, transparent, and timely record of all receipts and expenditures of the agency.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and related information for each funding source to assure that all monies are spent in accordance with required guidelines and time frames
- Prepare payment for all vendors in timely manner
- Inform vendors of agency non-discrimination policy
- Submit billing and documentation on a monthly basis
- Maintain accurate records on all volunteer hours in accordance with funding sources
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual budget reports for submission to all funding sources
- Maintain various files related to budgeting and funding
- Assist the ED in preparing requests for funding, grant applications, and other projects related to revenues and expenditures
- Prepare financial records for annual audit and all grant related compliance for site visits
- Perform all duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Finance Administrator
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s Degree (including in progress) in accounting, office administration, or related field
- Knowledge of computer technology, and ability to utilize accounting related computer software
- Attend recommended trainings and continuing education
- Commitment to Standards for State Funded Spouse Abuse Centers (905 KAR 5:040) and the KCADV Member Service Standards
- Valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Submit to a criminal background check